Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Racing Horse Training - Beta

• 19 posts
    October 9, 2012 2:44 AM PDT

Hey all.

I've started making a new project yesterday, that will help with the training of racer horses. It's a Windows program that will need to be run, and it will make you and your attached horse run in circle without doing anything thus gaining % to your horse. If anyone wants to try it out, please reply here or send IM inworld, and I'll make a first beta during this/next week. Thanks :).

Requirements:

- Windows OS

- Racer Horse that is not level S / S

- Any SL viewer

- Some room in a sim to make your horse run in a circle

• 19 posts
    October 10, 2012 1:58 AM PDT
    More details what the trainer will do:
    1. You wear the racing HUD, attach the horse like normally and connect it to the HUD.
    2. Select either Speed or Stamina training, and then from this program you select the same.
    3. The program It will "pretend" that UP and RIGHT arrow keys on keyboard are pressed and send it to your SL viewer, that will then make you and the attached horse run in circle, thus training your horse.

Difference between Speed and Stamina is that in Stamina it will also "press" the Page Down key every few minutes.

When training the horse using this program, you just leave it running while doing other things. Of course, during this time your PC can't be used for anything else.

Questions? Ask.
    • 7 posts
    October 10, 2012 1:24 PM PDT

I would be interested in trying it out!  Sounds like a great idea..and a way to get laundry, dishes, and house cleaning done on weekends;-P

This post was edited by Belle Loll at October 10, 2012 1:25 PM PDT
  • October 10, 2012 1:40 PM PDT
    Hell Belle, long time no see. Hope things are going well. How is Scorpion?
    • 19 posts
    October 10, 2012 1:42 PM PDT
    Exactly Belle ;).
    Or if nothing else, just watch some TV.. :).
    Also if having multiple PC's laptops and alts for them, one could train horse on each of them at the same time.
    • 19 posts
    October 11, 2012 12:17 AM PDT
    I should have the first version ready during this weekend if not earlier.

Also, program requires .NET Framework 4 to run, so Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 are supported. Check that you have the Framework installed on your system.
    (Install all Windows Updates and remember to check the optional updates as well.)
    • 7 posts
    October 11, 2012 7:12 AM PDT
    Hi Deleted Member.. I've no idea who you are but wanted to respond ;) Things are going well thank you. He is recovering but no longer come in-world anymore.

Janttu..I have Framework installed so will be all set:)
    • 19 posts
    October 12, 2012 11:28 AM PDT
    Hey again.

I've just released the first version of the Race Horse Trainer. IM inworld for a link to the program and instructions. Everyone are welcome to try it. :)

Btw, this beta and the final version (and possible future updates) will all be free!
    • 19 posts
    October 15, 2012 12:00 AM PDT
    Just a status report that everything is working as expected. Final release will be released at the end of this week if nothing comes up. Thanks to all who participate in the beta.
    • 19 posts
    October 28, 2012 3:57 AM PDT
    Race Horse Trainer program will be released 1st of November. Thanks to all beta testers, you will all receive a Bundle Scanner soon :).
    Happy training.
    • 19 posts
    October 31, 2012 10:44 PM PDT

The program has been released now and this topic has been moved here: http://amarettobreedables.com/forums/topic/2007/race-horse-trainer-program

Here is the website for download and instructions: http://personal.inet.fi/private/jw/race-horse-trainer/

This post was edited by Janttu Winkler at November 11, 2012 12:41 AM PST