Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

how do i trace a horses ancestry?

• April 17, 2017 5:37 PM PDT

I am new to breeding horses, and would like to know if there is a way to trace their ancestry and possible hidden traits they may have based on their parents and grandparents. How do i find the liniage for a horse that i own, or one that i am considering buying?

Thank you

• 279 posts
    April 18, 2017 5:30 PM PDT

The lineage of a horse can only be seen back 1 generation to the parents, you can see this by click parents on any bundle or horse. If you wanted to record the lineage beyond parents you would have to keep record manually. 

• 11 posts
    May 2, 2017 3:30 PM PDT

Sadly the only vendor that used to have a really good script for this they let go. It was called MySLHorses and it was awesome. I really don't know what happened there, other than to quess the scripter left SL and no one else knew how to do it, but it would go back several generations and let you keep spread sheets with all traits listed. Sadly the Petrade that is currently going is very limited and not really worth much except listing horses for sale. I truly wish they would find another scripter and bring back MySLHorses.com... It was simply the best out there. Now you can only go back to the parents which is a shame as many traits you get come from the grandparents or farther back. Come on Amaretto... find some scripters and get MySLHorses back.

• 2 posts
    February 27, 2018 10:09 AM PST

I have to agree with Tykerrose. I just came back to breeding these like 3 weeks ago or so and it's really sad that nobody is providing tools now for breeders to actually be able to really breed these out to their full potential. Would really make the market so much better.