Forums » K9 Related Chat Only

HUD question

• 3 posts
    September 18, 2011 2:52 PM PDT

I seem to have a lot of trouble connecting dogs to the HUD, I get Attempting to connect to HUD. (If you don't have a HUD, get it from the help menu on this K9!) in chat and dog won't connect. Then I try a different dog and the first one connects, sometimes both connect. kinda seems like a random new puzzle every time. Anyone else?

• September 20, 2011 6:01 AM PDT

I'm not sure what you mean. Click on the dog you want to attach to the HUD. Click their HUD button, then after a few seconds click the Connect button on the HUD. That will connect your dog. I always make sure I disconnect one dog before I try to connect another one. Then go through the same process. I haven't had a problem with it that way. I did have some problems in the beginning if I didn't disconnect one dog before trying to connect another.

This post was edited by Kaytlynn Spantogami at September 20, 2011 6:02 AM PDT
    • 145 posts
    September 23, 2011 12:32 PM PDT
    How the K9 Hud works…
    1st) You need to find the hud in your inventory, right click it and select wear from the pie menu. It will attach to the center of your screen and you can always move it to any place you would like on your screen.
    2nd) Find that puppy you want to interact with and click on him/her. Select HUD from the blue menu.
    3rd) Look on your hud for the “Connect” button – Once you’ve clicked on that it will confirm that you are in fact connected to your puppy.
    • 3 posts
    October 1, 2011 4:15 AM PDT
    Thanks Ford but I already have that info and it does not address my issue. I guess I'm the only one for whom dogs refuse to connect until I sledgehammer them into submission.
    • 1 posts
    May 22, 2018 4:27 PM PDT

I had no problems connecting my dog yesterday, today I had issues, so i got a new hud and it was totally different from the last one, and I can't get him to connect no matter what I try and do. I click the hud button and then connect and nothing. I only have one dog so I have no idea why it won't work. I can pick him up and put him back out and he connects, until I try and do something with him and then it auto disconnects. Is there a new update for the dogs? I have him updated to 2.2and have read every nc there is about the hud. can't anyone help?