Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

MALE FEMALE BITH RATIO

• 1 posts
    December 11, 2011 11:51 PM PST

I have birthed 12 females in a row this weekend NO MALES! Certainly this cannot be right. Differnt times and different days. Any one knows what is going on?

Apollo

• 138 posts
    December 12, 2011 1:25 AM PST
    How many times can you get heads in a row? there's a thread someone had like 23 consecutive females.
    Lady Luck must've skipped ya... You're certainly due :)
    • 145 posts
    December 12, 2011 8:09 AM PST
    Nothing is "going on" Apollo just the way it goes sometimes. Sometimes I'm in real need of female and get a male... Just the way it goes sometimes... Hang in there and I'm sure you will get the male you need. Have a great day and much luck!
  • December 14, 2011 5:45 PM PST

i understand what you are saying and i agree. if i have 12 horses and i birth them i should get no less then 5-6 males. to get 12 horses and birth them to get 12 females, something in the system needs to be checked. i am hearing people bought 2 4-packs on the christmas horses and got all females. 

To Ford,

i understand what your saying, but it just doesnt seem logical to birth 12 bundles and all are female. no offense to you, or the Amaretto team, but i think this should be looked into. at that rate, 12 for 12 all female, luck seems far fetched.

• 22 posts
    December 14, 2011 7:34 PM PST
    That's why you get together with your fellow breeder friends and do some trading for the horses each of you might need. That's what it's all about. Too many females?. Trade with a friend that birthed to many males.
    • 7 posts
    December 14, 2011 8:58 PM PST
    It's called the law of averages. If on average the system is programmed to give out 1 male for every 3 females birthed in the long run that is what your average will be. It also means that you can get 100 females in a row at times and it means you could get 25 males in a row. The same concept works for games of chance. If you flip a coin enough times you will get it to land on heads 100 times in a row. It doesn't mean that you have a 100% chance of getting heads when you flip that coin. The "average" will be about 50%.
    • 149 posts
    December 14, 2011 11:11 PM PST

ok on the chance on birthing males/females..... yes  it is a chance..... and seriously sometimes .... quite honestly it sucks if u realy in a need of either a male/female..... with the xmas horses i have heard that alot that more females then males seem to be born.... on the otherhand ..... as they said if u breed a male and a female off the limited ones u get something special..... now if u wouldhave mor males born on the limited ones..... we might run into a chance the grid beeing flooded again.... next thought from tracy.... i agree thats what u have friends for trade horses..... trade the ones u have have to much off .... and it evens out.....Now i dont belive that there is anything wrong with the chances.....neverless keep breeding keep smilling

ps jst realiazed that i am realy tierd and the thing i wrote probably dont make no sense

This post was edited by tina garnburg at December 14, 2011 11:12 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    December 15, 2011 1:55 AM PST
    I have birthed 18 females
    My record is 27 consecutive
    Good day
    Gio
    • 5 posts
    December 15, 2011 10:01 AM PST
    I luck out and get males, many times needing females.. so you know.. hit me up inworld and we can see about some trading. I also receved two males and two females in the LE christmas box I bought.
    • 1 posts
    December 15, 2011 11:36 AM PST

I do understand the frustration when u only get females.

I remember with the last LE horses.

It took me 29 bundles before i got my first male.......29!

Now with the new xmas LE horses i bougth 5x a 4pack.

I birthed 1 male and 4 females from each coat, except the new year 2012 version, i birthed 3 males and 2 females of that one.

My point here is, it really is random, u win some u lose some.

Now on a side note....i think it works like this...

When u buy a starter pack u always get 1 male and 3 females, meaning 25% male and 75% females.

I honestly think that are also the odds when birthing bundles.

Everytime u birth a bundle u have 25% on a male and 75% on a female.

This doesnt mean ofc that u are guaranteed to get 1 male if u birth 4 bundles.

U might birth 29 females in a row or 10 males in a row.

Point is, short term u have to be lcuky u could get anything, but in the long term it always corrects itself.

• December 15, 2011 12:38 PM PST
    You're still awesome for giving me that male, Minze.

In any case, a single stallion can keep a group of five females perpetually pregnant. The way the cycle of pregnancy and recovery works means that the stallion and one female will usually always be at about the same % fervor.

Sometimes you just get lucky, sometimes you don't. It's just the way it is.

In other news, some crook is selling the new years clydesdales for 5000L a female and 10,000L a male at minx. ugh.
    • 149 posts
    December 15, 2011 1:30 PM PST

it is kind off funny my friend they keep getting males i keep getting females so as u said just traid them...... see what u have..... k i got one extra female from the limited ones the shetti if u wana trait her for a male xmas le shetti from the xmas le drop me a nc inworld k

This post was edited by tina garnburg at December 15, 2011 1:35 PM PST