Forums » K9 Related Chat Only

Pet Peeves

• 14 posts
    January 4, 2012 4:30 PM PST

Not one to complain ... there are a number of features about K9's that make me seriously question spending as much money as I do on these dogs.

1)  A sick dog can't be sent to Paradise without first "healing it."  This is a bald faced attempt to grab a last ounce of profit from dog lovers.  Even in real life, a vet would not ask you to pay for surgery on a dog you already knew was not going to survive the operation.  Policies like this are so over the top in terms of squeezing the last ounce of profit from customers as to be not only maddening, but self defeating as a business model.

2) Dogs that won't breed.  I don't know about you, but about half the dogs that I pair don't successfully breed even when all the indicators say they should.  In real life one has to take precautions to avoid unwanted pregnancies; in second life the opposite is true.  Every day that a dog doesn't breed, but continues to consume food, treats, chew toys, etc to keep it happy adds to the cost of the breeder and the profits of Amaretto.  This feels like a game so heavily weighted on the side of the house as to be not worith playing.

• January 4, 2012 5:30 PM PST
    Nods in agreement. It has always irked me that a 'breedable' that is destined for havening must be healed, considering they have already been invested in. Yet, it is a business for profit, so I guess that's a justified means. A change tho in that little feature would warm the hearts of the breeding community and we'd ALL clean our inventories a bit with glee (lol).

The seemingly complex technology for breeding combined with the quirkiness of SL... makes me give Amaretto a little leeway when it comes to the breeding snafus. Perhaps I've just adapted to not expecting them to do their thing, as about 50% of the time I pair em, unpair and re-pair before they mate.
    • 14 posts
    January 4, 2012 7:35 PM PST
    Good to hear others have the same problems!
    • 14 posts
    January 5, 2012 1:21 PM PST
    Hi Charles, you still have probs with breeding your dogs toghetter, try to use the new updater, update the dog again, and yes when you have dogs who are 2 days or days after birth giving they go back to 0, if that is not helping, just take them in your inventory and rezz them back, that helps mostly of the time, greetings my friend :)
    • 33 posts
    January 5, 2012 4:05 PM PST

I'd like to say, first, I've never had issues pairing or breeding my dogs. If I have, simply picking them up and sitting them down has always fixed it.

As to the healing dogs before paradising them. Why let them get sick in the first place? Or are you taking them back into your inventory and letting them sit until they hit max age so you can get the most paradise points without feeding them? I think that making you heal them before paradising was put in as a measure to stop people from being able to abuse the system. Do I think they also make a bit of profit off of it, yes, it is a business. However, I've never had this problem, if I intend to haven a dog, I Paradise it then, I don't let it get sick, if I keep it till it ages out, it breeds until and continues to eat.

This post was edited by Meka Aeon at January 5, 2012 6:17 PM PST
    • 145 posts
    January 7, 2012 8:24 AM PST
    Hey all...

This is nothing new Charles... It has always been that if you want to haven or paradise your breed able they can't be sick... Which means if you don't let them reach that point ... you can send them on their way without issue. You can haven/paradise something at 95% hunger...

I'd like to mention that when you have your K9s put to sleep in real life... the vet doesn't give you points towards free services or products either... Look at paradise/haven points as air miles and or frequent flyer miles.. there are requirements before you can get them and before you can use them...

Lastly, if you are having problems with your k9s pairing or breeding your always welcome to file a ticket and we would be really happy to fix that problem for you.