Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Vamps and Showhorses

• 18 posts
    January 20, 2012 2:04 PM PST

I've rejoined SL and am back in the horse market/hobby.  I see things have changed in my almost a year of absence!

Prices have dropped dramatically on Shetlands and Clydesdales, there's new starter coats, new traits, and many coats have been retired.

My question is, on browing the stores/markets on SL I notice Walkers being listed as "Vamp" horses.  Wasn't the Walker a retired coat?  And how did they become Vamp horses?

If  recall correctly when the Palamino and Walker were retired, you could still breed to get them but they weren;t offered anymore in the starter packs.  Am I correct in this because I see a boatload of them out there.

And what are these "Showhorses?" 

Thanks in advance for any info you can post.

• 138 posts
    January 20, 2012 3:03 PM PST
    Show horses: new breeds produced by breeding the particular horses choses by Amaretto for the month, currently Andalusians. They can't pass coat, only the eye, and they can be traited. You have to be very lucky to get one of these!
    Walkers are so popular that it didnt matter they were retired. What better coat to add the color traits to?Especially white walkers :D
    • 149 posts
    January 20, 2012 4:36 PM PST

jup its true with the showhorses u realy have to belucky getting one.... we been having them for the third month now.... and as of now i have not been a lucky one on thouse ..... but neverless keep smilling keep breeding

• 18 posts
    January 20, 2012 6:17 PM PST
    Thank you both for the replies. So an Andy with an Andy or breed with anything to possibly get a showhorse?
    And the Vamp horses?
    • 149 posts
    January 20, 2012 7:02 PM PST

Yes for this month till the 4th off feb.... if u breed to andies u have the possiblility in getting a andi showhorse.... close to the time beeing up .... amaretto will anounce the as we like to say new flavor off the month.... feb 5th will be a new showhorses .... on the vamps there was a posting in the forum on what makes them .... it has to be a black walker thou...... i recomend search for it in the forum..... they also have now a posting saying trendsetting horses..... it is interesting to read up on it too.... best luck to u and keep smilling and breeding

here u can read up on the vamps http://amarettobreedables.com/forums/topic/320/vampire-walkers/view/page/1

and to read up on trendsetting horses http://amarettobreedables.com/forums/topic/393/trend-setting-horses

This post was edited by tina garnburg at January 20, 2012 7:05 PM PST
    • 18 posts
    January 20, 2012 9:28 PM PST
    Thank you Tina for those links, very interesting and somewhat controversial. Seems like I could breed a Brown or red Clyde and call it a Budweiser horse. But I'd need to add a dalmatian I suppose.
    Thanks again for clarifying.
    • 149 posts
    January 20, 2012 9:36 PM PST
    yes Mark i agree.... so if u in it to sell ur breeds it will get controvational.... trying to keep up with everyones taste.... or do like me just breed and create ur own breeds for fun.... if u sell them fine if not fine too.... thing is that as u have seen the market droped drasticly so its completly up to u.... and u most welcome ..... have fun breeding and keep smilling
    • 18 posts
    January 21, 2012 8:07 AM PST
    My first time, I wanted to sell, sell, sell, but really wasn't much of a salesman. This time around though, it's just for fun, whatever I breed, I'll breed. Perhaps I'll get a showhorse. I was lucky enough to get a Charmed Demon Clydesdale last time around.
    • 149 posts
    January 21, 2012 8:29 AM PST
    I think that is the best way to do it...... I think in the beginning everyone was selling and making good.... lols as everyone knows thouse times are over and gone... Maybe u will get lucky.... It is more fun in breeding ur horses and seeing when traits pass ...... and u actualy can create what u had in ur mind...... and as always keep smilling keep breeding
  • January 21, 2012 9:48 AM PST
    It is alot of fun trying to get the traits in what you want :)
    • 136 posts
    January 24, 2012 7:16 AM PST
    as a small breeder is just stopped trying to keep up with the big breeders to get new traits and coats and charmeds.

I just breed for a certain look and hope other people will like it as much as i do and buy it.
    Usualy the looks that i like are not high traiters.
    usualy T6 or T8 with lo luster