Forums » K9 Related Chat Only

Newbie's Luck - Wolves

• 3 posts
    January 24, 2012 6:31 PM PST

Hi everyone.

I've start saying that my first kennels where S/E K-9s.  Two Santa Paws.  A friend of mine wanted to have the Over the Woof dog and thougt I would try my luck.  No luck for him, I guess.  My santa's gave me a tri-beagle, cute eyes and cute collar, glitzed eyes, checkered collar. I'm a noob at K-9s so I didn't paid attention at all.

Next thing I know I have a white wolf kennel. "So Mrs Claus had a wild night, huh?", but Mr Claus growled at me.  I sent a message to my friend asking him if it was right for two dogs to have wolf (yes, very noob of me to not come to the Amaretto page to inform myself).  He's into K-9s and I probably shocked him as I only got a messed up message from him talking wolves and yelling instructions to not open it.

Told him I was going to transfer it, as the only reason I got the dogs was to try and help him get the dog he wanted. I got another ramble about good and bad luck and instructions to open it myself. I shruged at his incoherences and opened the kennel. A beautiful female white snow wolf, with sunblaze eyes and apollo collar.

Now, I really wanted to gift this wolf to him, seemed (and still is) so trivial to me. But he insisted on paying, kept offering prices up and up until he finally confessed the real value of the thing.  He got the wolf in the end, for a very low price to appease his conscience.

Next day my tri-beagle drops a kennel, another wolf, less traited (now I know how to call it), crimson eyes, slate collar, radiance high, sheen low (sadly I dont have enough video card to see the traits).  I call my friend back and tell him, if it's a male, I'll give it to you, so you can breed wolves.  Unfortunately for him, I got another female.

Tell him to chill and relax, maybe the male is the one with the wolf trait and he can bring his wolf to breed with Mr Claus. So I buy couple females of regular dogs and wait.  Tri-beagles with simple collars and simple eyes.  Well... maybe I can get another wolf from mom, seeing as she might be the one with the wolf gene.  "You can't be that lucky, wolves aren't so easy to obtain."

But I was lucky again and got a white snow wolf, atomic glare eyes and selene wolf collar. radiance high. Unfortunately for him, it was another female.

Now I've noticed every kennel I open is female and I'm still noob enough to ask if there's a trick to opening male kennels (shrugs, anyone can offer suggestions?).  My friend is praying Mr Claus is the one with wolf genes. I'm just praying to get a male wolf.

Of them all, the red eyed simple traited wolf is my fave.

• January 25, 2012 4:57 AM PST
    Smiles at your luck (hehe). To my knowledge, there isn't a trick to male birthings, tho one my adored friends (owner of Silkies) seems to have the darndest *luck* with males, lol.
  • January 25, 2012 2:17 PM PST
    There is no trick to birthing a male.but your wolves are beautiful
    • 3 posts
    January 26, 2012 2:22 PM PST
    Thanks for the response. Maybe it's just my luck. I'll be patient, so far I seem to have good luck. Who knows, maybe this weekend is the time for males.
  • January 26, 2012 2:54 PM PST
    Its when you want males you get females and when you want females you get males. Anyway, that's the way my "luck" runs! *grin*
    • 9 posts
    January 26, 2012 4:07 PM PST
    Either my 4th or 5th kennel I open is male.
    • 3 posts
    January 31, 2012 9:31 AM PST
    I'll have to wish for females then.

@Lillian = Lols, my 4th, 5th, 6th, etc, etc, lols, up to the 15th are females. I've bought and I've had my own kennels, still females. The males I have are bought so far, xcept the first santa paw I got.