Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

WARNING!!!!!

• 5 posts
    July 15, 2011 5:00 AM PDT

It deeply saddens me to report that overnight my lucky dip barrel was robbed of 21 high traited LL and albino eye os bundles. I have been using this barrel for months and never had any problems. You pay the barrel,  it gives you a random bundle. A person as somehow able to get the barrel to give her all 21 of my bundles for 0L, even though the barrel was confirmed to be set correctly. I am not sure how this was possible, maybe a script error by the creator? Upon contacting her she is of course non responsive. I have reported the issue to Linden Labs as Amaretto no longer supports stolen horses. I am sending this statement as a warning to anyone who uses Lucky Dip Barrels as I do not wish the same thing to happen to anyone else. I wish I could post the AV name, but that is against LL policy.

• 5 posts
    July 15, 2011 9:19 AM PDT
    Thanks for the head's up on this. It's sad someone would exploit a glitch and steal all your bundles.

LL's policy about naming names only applies to official SL forums/blogs and anything else in their domain. So you can name whomever you want on third-party websites like Amaretto as long as they allow it. I dunno if Amaretto bans naming and shaming but horse thieves have been named here so far without issues.
    • 5 posts
    July 15, 2011 10:53 AM PDT
    Thank You, we are very saddened that someone would do this to hard working breeders as well. We have since learned that there is a hack script used to hack the lucky dip barrel and that it has been used to rob several other breeders as well. We encourage you *not* to use them as we wish not to have this happen to anyone else, and hope that LL will return our stolen horses. We have heard from others that their horses were sadly never returned though. ;( If you wish to know her name so that you can protect yourself from her you can contact me and I will provide it, but I do not wish to violate LL policy.
    • 243 posts
    July 15, 2011 5:51 PM PDT

Yeah, what a shame, some people have to ruin things for everyone. Here is a recall article from the creator of the lucky barrel. They have had to recall the item due to many incoming reports of peoples barrels being hacked and bundles stolen all from the same person. 

http://www.venus-envy.net/07/2011/news/urgent-recall/

• 138 posts
    July 15, 2011 7:57 PM PDT
    this is likely the same hack used against certain games, from a viewer that can spoof a pay window for 0L.

If anyone would like to switch to a 212 Designs bundle vendor, for next few days, I will rebate the 10% commission (25L) directly to the buyer that I'd normally get.
  • July 16, 2011 10:34 AM PDT
    would somebody just post her damn name already? LL can't get you for posting a name on a 3rd party site.
    • 136 posts
    July 19, 2011 8:00 AM PDT
    name and shame girl...name and shame...don't want this bish to hack my random bundle vendor and steal my possible earnings. Damn people are getting so desperate lately for cash..
    • 243 posts
    July 19, 2011 8:30 AM PDT
    Her name is Debhora Aie and hopefully she never finds her way to your horses...still waiting since thursday for LL to respond to the stolen horses ticket..no word yet.
  • July 19, 2011 11:16 AM PDT
    banned from mah lands, thank you.
  • July 19, 2011 12:46 PM PDT

Hi All, Rob im very sorry that this happened to you. I've started a blog outside of second life to get awa from LL's  policy's  i encourage all of you to  join to  keep fellow breeders in the know about the horse thieves.

IM me in world with any questions.

http://slbreederscoalitionagainsthorsetheft.wordpress.com/

• 136 posts
    July 19, 2011 1:45 PM PDT
    thanks , banned her from my parcel aswell...don't want little hackers on my land