Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Vampire Walkers

• 14 posts
    August 5, 2011 4:13 PM PDT

Ok I have a question.  This may be slightly controversial as I know there is a fair bit of debate on the subject but it relates as you might have guessed to the Vampire Walker.

According to some (a lot),  a Vampire Walker is A Black Walker with Double Long, Double Gloom and Garnet Eye.  Others say the above traits with EITHER Garnet, Fire Element or Ruby eye.

Thing is I am trying to breed these horses, mostly because I actually really love the way the traits look on the black walker coat, double gloom which makes them dark as they can be with no lustre or gleam and the red eye really makes it pop.  

I now have ended up with a female Black Walker, long long, double gloom with Fire Element eyes, she looks gorgeous so am more than happy with her from that perspective but I do admit to having one eye on the market, perhaps I shouldn't but there we have it.

Now my question is ok if she is not pure Vamp, which seem to be priced around the 5K -10K mark, what should I price her at? I thought between 2000-3500L$ is this asking too much?  I know pricing horses is more a personal thing than anything else I am just wondering if you guys could give me your general opinions on the subject.

This is purely a question meant to garner popular opinion since now I have the traits all in place (apart from the garnet eye) I intend to make more and hopefully sale some too.:)

I am aware by the way that there is no official vampire horse as such, that it is just a set of traits selected by people who decided to call it that ..the idea caught on and now a lot of people want to make vamp horses because they heard they sell well etc etc... but hey while hell yes I want to breed something saleable.  I like the challenge of breeding for those traits, I also like the look of them (I actually only usually focus on breeding horses I like the look of whether popular or not) but yes ideally if I can I would hope to be able to make what I breed saleable horses to. 

I do intend to get the garnet eye in there in the future BUT since it is hard enough to get the double gloom double long on a black walker in the first place this obv will take more time.

So, sorry for the long winded post but basically what I am asking for is just some general opinions please, I would love to hear as many opinions possible on this, do you think she has much value to a breeder without the garnet eye and also just out of interest, would she be considered vamp or just part vamp by most of you? 

• 122 posts
    August 5, 2011 6:34 PM PDT
    well i wouldn't consider her vampire but definitely almost. you could sell her for a lot because she's only one step away. personally i would keep her and find a boy with a garnet eye who is a black walker with at least long/long. and sell their babies till you get that 'perfect' vampire. you can still sell the babies for a pretty penny if people see the parents traits. just think if you sell her for 3k then your almost vamp is gone. if you sell her and another stud's horses for 500 - 1000, within a month you will have could have made more money than if you got rid of her and you still have the chance of having a total vampire.
    • 14 posts
    August 6, 2011 7:53 AM PDT
    Yeah...I think I agree Anahata..... on balance she is probably worth more to me to keep and breed for the moment....

And Eostre I do agree about the double gleam whites, beautiful, I had it on a white arabian and on one of my white clydes and they just glow....white clydes with Cancer Ruby eyes are a personal favourite of mine too, not seen any with the Leo Ruby yet tho..
    • 81 posts
    August 6, 2011 8:14 AM PDT
    A Vamp Horse is an official horse, it just wasn't an Amaretto idea. We call them "trendsetting horses." There is also the Bloodlust horse, the Entity horse, and I've heard about a Pink Floyd horse.
    • 14 posts
    August 6, 2011 9:54 AM PDT
    oh my...wow I've never heard of those..lol
    • 138 posts
    August 7, 2011 6:11 AM PDT
    Vamps are actually one of the very few varieties that have held a strong market, while everything's gone pffft. I think it is that there are ppl that aren't involved with the horse game that want these, the RP communities
    • 7 posts
    August 8, 2011 12:54 AM PDT
    nance clowes said:
    Vamps absolutely can be ANY red eye. Thats how they were defined in the very beginning, though lately a tiny group with vested interest is telling people otherwise. The new Zodiac Rubys are particularly nice and so are Fire Elemental Vamps.

real vamp horses are .black walkers with garnet eyes.double long and double gloom.

• 3 posts
    August 8, 2011 1:00 PM PDT
    pat zessinthal said:
    real vamp horses are .black walkers with garnet eyes.double long and double gloom.
    Hi Pat. Sorry, as others have pointed out, you are wrong.  Vamps since the beginning have been double/double/RED to almost everyone. Garnet is nice, but it isnt the only red and new ones keep coming out. Are you going to tell people next that when someone breeds in a zodiac ruby that looks AWESOME, that their work didnt count and that it isnt a vamp horse either? What if amaretto were to specifically make a "vampire eye" albino and it looked 5x more scary than ruby or garnet or fire - would that not count as a vampire to you either?
    I understand why you want only Garnet to be "Real" though. You didnt mention here that you are part of the "true vmp breeders united" price fixing group. It is GREAT that you guys promote vampire horses but not so great when you fiat declare only your style is "real", that male vampires must sell at "males more 50k +", or even "Bundle Missing 1 trait/ parents vamps: 18k". Are you really able to keep a straight face asking 18k for a 4 trait black walker bundle? Those are straight from your group price list along with "WE EXPECT  VAMP HORSES  TO STAY WITH IN THESE PRICES THANK YOU". It is easy to understand why you want to retroactively declare all other vampire eyes "not real"- you have a HUGE Vested Cash Interest in chnging the standard to garnet only, as that is what you are trying to sell for "50,000L +". Fortunately your own group members like Chaplin and others actually ask considerably less.
     Since your group wants to tell the rest of the SL breeeding community what is "Real", and you are already trying to set what prices everyone else must pay- why dont you label your brand  "true vamp breeders united style vamps" and those will be YOUR "Real" ones while everyone else has THEIR "real" ones and everyone lives happily ever after. 
    • 7 posts
    August 8, 2011 9:43 PM PDT
    Eostre Senga Leeds said:
    nance clowes said:
    pat zessinthal said:
    Hi Pat. Sorry, as others have pointed out, you are wrong.  Vamps since the beginning have been double/double/RED to almost everyone. Garnet is nice, but it isnt the only red and new ones keep coming out. Are you going to tell people next that when someone breeds in a zodiac ruby that looks AWESOME, that their work didnt count and that it isnt a vamp horse either? What if amaretto were to specifically make a "vampire eye" albino and it looked 5x more scary than ruby or garnet or fire - would that not count as a vampire to you either?
    I understand why you want only Garnet to be "Real" though. You didnt mention here that you are part of the "true vmp breeders united" price fixing group. It is GREAT that you guys promote vampire horses but not so great when you fiat declare only your style is "real", that male vampires must sell at "males more 50k +", or even "Bundle Missing 1 trait/ parents vamps: 18k". Are you really able to keep a straight face asking 18k for a 4 trait black walker bundle? Those are straight from your group price list along with "WE EXPECT  VAMP HORSES  TO STAY WITH IN THESE PRICES THANK YOU". It is easy to understand why you want to retroactively declare all other vampire eyes "not real"- you have a HUGE Vested Cash Interest in chnging the standard to garnet only, as that is what you are trying to sell for "50,000L +". Fortunately your own group members like Chaplin and others actually ask considerably less.
     Since your group wants to tell the rest of the SL breeeding community what is "Real", and you are already trying to set what prices everyone else must pay- why dont you label your brand  "true vamp breeders united style vamps" and those will be YOUR "Real" ones while everyone else has THEIR "real" ones and everyone lives happily ever after. 

If this entire conversation happened in the forum here I must have missed it o.O

In any case if this is true then REQUOTED FOR TRUTH.

if there is like you say that a black horse and red eyes is a vamp then there are alot of vamps around where is the fun to try to breed to a certain typ of horse then.it must be a litlle bit of difficulty in it to.and when it is already from the beginning of the breed from horse that vamps are only with garnet eyes.double long and gloom.its comes not from me .so the real breeders who whants the real vamps they know where im talking about.a vamp is a black horse with red eyes but a true vamp is with garnet eyes and double long and gloom.thats what i know.and it is already from in the beginning like that.

• 81 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:01 PM PDT
    Eostre Senga Leeds said:
    Dj Barracuda said:
    A Vamp Horse is an official horse, it just wasn't an Amaretto idea. We call them "trendsetting horses." There is also the Bloodlust horse, the Entity horse, and I've heard about a Pink Floyd horse.

wot.

tell me about these xD

We, the breeders have made these horses official.  A Bloodlust horse is a black arabian, double long, coat gloom, hair warmth and low hair luster with ruby heartshine eyes.  The Entity horse is a white walker, double long, double gleam with diamond eyes.

• 81 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:03 PM PDT
    Taycee Resident said:
    I have a 10T black walker with double gloom and it's got Ruby eyes and I'm considering it a vamp horse. The eyes look great on it.

Well a true vamp horse is only six traits, but I bet your horse look gorgeous!

• 81 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:12 PM PDT
    pat zessinthal said:
    Eostre Senga Leeds said:
    nance clowes said:
    pat zessinthal said:

If this entire conversation happened in the forum here I must have missed it o.O

In any case if this is true then REQUOTED FOR TRUTH.

if there is like you say that a black horse and red eyes is a vamp then there are alot of vamps around where is the fun to try to breed to a certain typ of horse then.it must be a litlle bit of difficulty in it to.and when it is already from the beginning of the breed from horse that vamps are only with garnet eyes.double long and gloom.its comes not from me .so the real breeders who whants the real vamps they know where im talking about.a vamp is a black horse with red eyes but a true vamp is with garnet eyes and double long and gloom.thats what i know.and it is already from in the beginning like that.

Let's just clarify this, a true Vamp horse DOES have garnet eyes, Pat is right.  If the horse could have any red eye, what fun would that be to try to produce one?  It's more challenging trying to get the garnet eyes.  It's the same with the Entity horse, some are trying to promote "pearl" eyes because they see the entity horse as something similair to heaven - as in "pearly gates."  The entity horse represents a spirit, or a ghost not heaven, therefore it has to have diamond eyes.  The Bloodlust horse has the ruby heartshine eyes - ruby for blood and heartshine for lust. 

• 122 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:22 PM PDT
    i agree with dj and pat. there should only be one official type of named horse. only because it's more difficult and challenging to get it. makes it worth working on in the end. if people charge 50k for a certain horse and people buy it that is GOOD for the horse economy.
    • 7 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:26 PM PDT
    to get a highly traited horse is easyer to make then a horse with certain traits.
    • 7 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:27 PM PDT
    thats the fun of breeding .to make a horse you whants.with the traits you whants .not more not less
    • 122 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:27 PM PDT

tell me about it! been trying to get a specific horse forever and it's HARD, especially when it has a whole bunch of ancestors that enjoy popping out unexpected traits in every birth.

what people have been talking about in all the threads about the horses going down in popularity and what we can do to keep the horse market alive.  people still have such a mindset about I MUST HAVE TEN TRAITS no matter how ugly the horse is in the end, i really love the idea of making our own horse types, instead of making lists for amaretto to come up with for new ones.  the secondary market is ours and it's great to start spreading the word about different types of hard to breed horse types with specific traits.   we need more special horses.  and if someone thinks a black walker with cancer ruby eyes should be something special they should market it as such, just not use the same name as vampire.  call it something else.  now if i could only think of a good thing to put yinyang eyes into... a black pinto with upright tail and hair and all shiny?  call it a black and white balanced crazy looking horse?

This post was edited by anahata love at August 8, 2011 10:34 PM PDT
    • 7 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:29 PM PDT
    thats why we breeders know its difficult to breed a horse with the traits you only whants .
    • 4 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:43 PM PDT
    What those of us in the True Vamp Breeders United consider a Vamp horse is the black walker, garnet, long, long, gloom, gloom (only 6 traits). The first one on the grid was bred by JS Easterwood. It was a black walker, garnet, long, long, gloom, gloom and he called it a vampire horse. It was auctioned off for charity for 45k. An event I witnessed. Since that time.. some have been working hard and long to recreate that first "vamp" horse. We have succeded. We value our time, effort, and work we have invested in this horse. By uniting together to uphold the value we have done something with the Amaretto horse no one else has done.. MAINTAINED VALUE.
    • 6 posts
    August 8, 2011 11:06 PM PDT
    True Vamp Horse will survive as the original one JS Esterwood produced. I have discussed this line with JS very extensively and over the last 6 months have produced my strong Vampire Sepluchre line. These horses are and will remain the original from His long breeding program. This program was NOT to get the most traits in a horse, it was to ISOLATE the black walker, garnet eye, long mane, long tail, gloom hair, gloom coat ONLY and that equaled VAMP.
    Garnet is the only eye color to duplicate BLOOD.
    Hence the Vampire Horse = BLOOD and GLOOM = VAMPIRE
    Fire Element eye is like a Hell Horse, why won’t someone start that line.
    Garnet Heart Shine eye, why won’t someone make a love horse out of it.
    (In my opinion the ruby eye is not a blood eye it’s too white).
    • 6 posts
    August 9, 2011 11:09 AM PDT
    Eostre Senga Leeds said:
    >>(In my opinion the ruby eye is not a blood eye it’s too white). >>my opinion This is all quite funny.

ahh yes, It is, isnt it ... thats what i love about secondlife, vampires and cute little bunnies or whatever can live together and choose as they please :-)

V""V kiss

This post was edited by Daark Gothly at August 9, 2011 11:12 AM PDT
    • 14 posts
    August 9, 2011 11:38 AM PDT
    LOL wow what did I start when I posted this thread...

Personally I dunno, I do think/ feel a red eyed black walker with double long and double gloom is quite vampy looking, but then again I quite lik the challenge of breeding to get the garnet in there so I'll be aiming for that.

It is quite funny though that some take it so very seriously considering the fact that Black walkers do indeed look pretty vampy IMO with a fire element or ruby eye, plus the fact that the horse doesn't officially exist in the first place, but hey, I'll go along with it....LOL

• 6 posts
    August 9, 2011 11:42 AM PDT
    yes i agree andro, Maybe all that love the Ruby, fire, star/hearshine should breed out all the other eyes and make them pure ... thats so fun :)
  • August 9, 2011 12:09 PM PDT
    >>
    I still think it's outlandish to charge 50K for a horse like that but that's just my opinion. If you have someone willing to pay that much, more power to you :)

This. You're more than welcome to laugh at them all the way to the bank but huffing because someone decides my cancer ruby vamp for sale for 3k is better just makes you look like an ass.
    • 6 posts
    August 9, 2011 12:19 PM PDT
    Eostre Senga Leeds said:
    >> I still think it's outlandish to charge 50K for a horse like that but that's just my opinion. If you have someone willing to pay that much, more power to you :) This. You're more than welcome to laugh at them all the way to the bank but huffing because someone decides my cancer ruby vamp for sale for 3k is better just makes you look like an ass.

LOL, no, it just shows that someone perfers your beautiful Ruby Vamp. And some may perfer my 7th generation Garnet Vamp... its all good :)

(Added note: I dont laugh at anyone that buys my horses. I paid 7-8 months of tier. And all that time THOUSANDS of Lindens for food and salt, just to isolate these 6 traits. Its not funny to me at all)

This post was edited by Daark Gothly at August 9, 2011 12:41 PM PDT
  • August 9, 2011 12:21 PM PDT
    Daark Gothly said:
    Eostre Senga Leeds said:
    >> I still think it's outlandish to charge 50K for a horse like that but that's just my opinion. If you have someone willing to pay that much, more power to you :) This. You're more than welcome to laugh at them all the way to the bank but huffing because someone decides my cancer ruby vamp for sale for 3k is better just makes you look like an ass.

LOL, no, it just shows that someone perfers your beautiful Ruby Vamp. And some may perfer my 7th generation Garnet Vamp... its all good :)

What would be even harder and fun to try is to take your true vamp horses and breed hair warmth into them. It looks awesome!