Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Vampire Walkers

• August 17, 2011 12:35 PM PDT
    Love Blackheart said:

I think we should have more emphisis on good, planned breeding like this... I go to the auctions all the time and there are very well, carefully bred horses (mine included) that do not sell because they are't the flavor of the day. If we had more of these sorts of horses where the demand was centered on good breeding and specific traits perhaps the market would improve... You see it has helped the Black Walkers.

Yes I agree Love. I'm starting to realize that it isn't hard to get a 10T horse. I'm paying more attention now to how certain traits compliment a coat. It makes breeding more fun :)

• 138 posts
    August 18, 2011 7:30 AM PDT
    More breeders are trying to make these now, but it will be some time before these too flood the market. I expect high prices for vamps for at least another 6-8 weeks, maybe even longer.
    • 3 posts
    August 18, 2011 12:36 PM PDT

Here are how two other voices of our "Vampire Community" are defining them.

1. in their group description, "Amaretto Vampire Horses Coalition" define them this way:

" The traits to claim a vampire horse are any horse with a solid black coat, garnet, garnet heartshine or garnet starshine eye,  long mane, long tail, coat gloom and hair gloom and any other traits as long as those main ones are in the horse  "

Now, much  more importantly- consider the following and ITS SOURCE

2. The Easterwoods, who some cite as the source of all vampdom, Sell WHITE COATED horses with some classic vamp traits, calling them "Ghost Vampires".     Yes, a WHITE Vampire horse, specifically called a Vampire, directly from the source that a few financially invested folk like to cite over and over as their Gospel Excuse for all vamps having to be exatly like theirs while claiming all others to be invalid.

So even the source that the "must-be-only-this-way" complainers base their definition of vampire horse on, disagrees with them. If you believe vampire horses MUST be one certain way because of the first famous breeder, knowing now that that breeder also calls white horses vampires I hope this helps you understand what most in this forum are telling you- Vampire Horses can be whatever the owner likes and there is no "has-to-be-this template only" requirement for everyone else to enjoy vampire horses.

This post was edited by nance clowes at August 18, 2011 12:49 PM PDT
    • 122 posts
    August 18, 2011 12:53 PM PDT
    as long as the eyes are garnet. black or white coat. it's a vamp.

i think you can make a black arabian with any red eye and call it a vamp. of course you can. i just think when it comes to the market, the garnet black walker l/l g/g is the standard and it's been established. this is excellent for the secondary market, and we need more ideas like this.

ghost vampires are fine. give me more names. so i can have some sort of goal to work for instead of just trying to pile traits that have no rhyme or reason into a horse. i mean are we that simple. we need some challenges.
  • August 18, 2011 6:18 PM PDT
    Thank you, Nance, and well said.
    • 4 posts
    August 21, 2011 12:09 AM PDT
    Black Walker, Garnet, Long, Long, Gloom, Gloom is my vampire of choice V""V
    Happy breeding!
    • 122 posts
    August 21, 2011 1:05 PM PDT
    some people who don't post must be reading these boards, at a place i buy and sell, some people who are always selling a certain type of horse are now selling vamp 'base' horses for big bucks. (gloom/gloom black walkers, garnet eyed black walkers)
  • August 21, 2011 6:36 PM PDT
    One thing that I have learned from this vamp horse is that it is staying on a steady price guideline and with the Black Walker garnet eye Long Long Gloom Gloom, the community is sticking together and I really hope that they continue to do so because I am really proud of being a part of this and I hope others will be to and control what is out there.
    • 149 posts
    August 22, 2011 9:12 AM PDT

i do like the vamp horses ..... and i belive for now with the dogs comming out more specilized horses will be always wanted..... if u can create ur own line in breeding

• September 1, 2011 1:49 AM PDT
    Tracy Podlum said:
    Daark Gothly said:
    True Vamp Horse will survive as the original one JS Esterwood produced. I have discussed this line with JS very extensively and over the last 6 months have produced my strong Vampire Sepluchre line. These horses are and will remain the original from His long breeding program. This program was NOT to get the most traits in a horse, it was to ISOLATE the black walker, garnet eye, long mane, long tail, gloom hair, gloom coat ONLY and that equaled VAMP. Garnet is the only eye color to duplicate BLOOD. Hence the Vampire Horse = BLOOD and GLOOM = VAMPIRE Fire Element eye is like a Hell Horse, why won’t someone start that line. Garnet Heart Shine eye, why won’t someone make a love horse out of it. (In my opinion the ruby eye is not a blood eye it’s too white).
    I in fact have been breeding what I call "The New Demon Horse" since Amaretto has retired the Demon. Same Traits as the Vampire Horse but like you said more demonic with the Fire Element Eye.
    I figured if someone can create their own horse, hense "The Vampire Horse" why can't I create one as well. Here are a few pics of my hard work & time put into the project. I am also considering throwing in the hair warmth on a few.

I would like to appaud you on your horse

This post was edited by Cooper Benedicio Tearfall at September 1, 2011 1:50 AM PDT
    • 25 posts
    September 2, 2011 1:50 AM PDT
    My take on this is that the RP folks have no clue how to breed traits in and just want something cool or what not, so you / them have the market cornered. That's fine but not everyone is in your price fixing guild, and last time I checked price fixing was illegal in most free market countries.
  • September 2, 2011 6:50 AM PDT
    Lenny Resident said:
    My take on this is that the RP folks have no clue how to breed traits in and just want something cool or what not, so you / them have the market cornered. That's fine but not everyone is in your price fixing guild, and last time I checked price fixing was illegal in most free market countries.

OMG really, How many double longs, double glooms, have you breed. These RP folks take as much pride into putting traits into ones we want as you do. I have been able to breed as many traits or as little into what I have wanted to with time. Before you come off all high and mighty about how people that like the simple 6 traits of the vamps arnt able to breed, you might want to check into what else we have done. IMHO

I have a steady quad low, double longs in a black walker. Ill be more then happy to put my stables up against just about anyones. And in no way do I think im better breeder then anyone else. The point is we breed what it is I like as everyone else on here. Just because others dont breed to match mine does in no way make them less of a breeder.

This post was edited by Ardamina Iceghost at September 2, 2011 6:55 AM PDT
    • 22 posts
    September 13, 2011 7:40 AM PDT

I have succeeded in adding the hair warmth to the demonic look of my version of the new demon horse. Instead of reposting please see it here.

http://amarettobreedables.com/forums/topic/393/trend-setting-horses

This post was edited by Tracy Podlum at September 13, 2011 7:41 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    September 13, 2011 9:18 AM PDT
    According to NetMBA the term 'market' refers to the group of consumers that is interested in a product, has the resources to purchase the product, and is permitted by law to do so.
    The size of the market in SecondLife can be increased or decreased by varying the products' price.

'Mass marketing' offers the same product (pricing) to all customers, which is unlikely to be viewed as optimal by all Buyers, and will lose customers for the Seller.

In effect the original 'pure vampire horse' Sellers are attempting to utilize 'target' marketing, and not trying to please all segments of the consumer group. This is ANYONE's right.

There are various 'segments' (types of buyers) within the SL consumer market, and it seems to me horse sales fall mostly under the 'Behavorioralistic' segment -- customers who buy for loyalty, status, benefits, and occasions (rp). Breeders can target any segment they wish!

Shifts in 'Supply and Demand' influence price, and surely will when more 'pure' vamps come onto the market. An expensive horse still ages and has to be fed, and who would rather feed than sell? Again, this is a personal choice.

Breeding for SPECIFIC traits is challenging and very rewarding if you are successful. Chaos breeding can be fun too, since the 'bundle drop' seems to be the most exciting part of the game; the element of surprise! Another -- Choice!

As in RL not every animal should be bred, but since we are in a GAMERs market whatever floats your boat works - if someone else is willing to pay for it, and you're in it the the money. I'm sure Amaretto loves feeding EVERY horse!

Pardon my long-winded way of saying - lighten up guys. This game is big enough for all to pursue horse breeding in their OWN way. If you don't want to be criticized stopped criticizing others. Vote with your $Ls, and enjoy being part of a community with such a fun hobby. Your Choice :~

• September 13, 2011 10:28 AM PDT

That's all well and good and I have no problem with that statement. It's not about whose marketing what to whom, it's the elitism of it that's pissing me off. I am a roleplayer, I have been for 14 odd years. I've also been known to roleplay as a vampire on occasion. I am the target audience, and my opinion is still invalid? Replace a few words in these arguments. Ipod versus android, or windows versus mac versus linux, iphone versus blackberry,ford versus chevy. The entire point is, does it do what you want it to do for a price you're willing to pay? if so, wonderful. Being told that any other alternative is invalid (while it turns out the apple founder also sells samsung galaxy tabs) is what's pissing me off. If someone likes ruby or fire better than garnet, who do these people think they are in saying otherwise.

This post was edited by Ford Carver at September 26, 2011 11:45 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    September 13, 2011 11:22 AM PDT
    Well, I suppose they are saying the CHOICE they make is to like vampire horses a certain way. If your choice is ok, so is theirs. In a free market society, which I assume SL is, everyone can have it their way. If you don't like their choice why bother to rant? It only upsets you. Seems to me the 'pure' vampire horse according to some is here to stay. That doesn't mean you have to buy one! : ) Put as much work into your own trendy horse, and market that. It is certainly YOUR choice. As for you being the target audience, doesn't sound like you are to me from what you say. Best of luck in whatever you do. : =)
  • September 13, 2011 11:37 AM PDT
    again, let them choose what they want, but they are CHOOSING TO TELL ME MY CHOICE IS WRONG and that is what is pissing me off.

And yes, Taycee, I have noticed that. Serves the elitist snobopires right.
    • 145 posts
    September 17, 2011 1:41 PM PDT
    ~Vamp Horse~
    Black Walker
    Garnet Eyes
    Long Mane
    Long Tail
    Coat Gloom
    Hair Gloom

~Zombie Horse~
    White Walker
    Garnet Eyes
    Long Mane
    Long Tail
    Coat Gloom
    Hair Gloom

~Ghost Horse~
    White Walker
    Garnet Eye
    Long Mane
    Long Tail
    High Hair Gleam
    High Coat Gleam
  • September 24, 2011 1:21 AM PDT
    + Entity Horse
    White Walker
    Dimond eyes
    Long mane
    Long Tail
    High Coat Gleam
    High Hair Gleam
    • 15 posts
    November 1, 2011 7:53 PM PDT
    I just want to put my two cents in......I've been breeding since almost the beginning and it's been just about a year if not over. I remember Vamps showing up with the garnet eyes way way way back then.....I applaud the people that make these cuz unlike other coats or even charms that are released....this player driven horse is THE ONLY HORSE that has bounced up and down threw out the months...and even if they are falling again all the sudden I can GARENTEE they will come back up in value as they have before and have proven themselves. I was not a believer during the first 5 or 6 months after I started I was the one in the back of auctions rolling her eyes at the cost as people fought over them… but this horse has proven me wrong it has stood the test of time I have not once seen these go for an open bid and not sold for a sky high price. I'm not sure why they bounce back up when there market fails. But although I don't breed them myself (only sell for others) I am now a believer in the True Vamps... I say true because I remember them as long as I've been in the horse business and yes some people make them with ruby or fire but it's the Garnet eyes that seem to last the True vamp that doesn't seem to drop completely and raises back up in value and bounces back up are:

Black walker
    Double Long
    Double Gloom
    Garnet eyes.

I've said it and I'm sticking with it.....who said the quote...."seeing is believing"? cuz I am one that lived it with the True Vamp horses. I applaud those who have kept the market up on these…in the long run your prolly the ones who have kept amaretto alive because not only have you designed a horse that is beautiful and popular but you designed a horse that appeases the role players that get into amaretto and buy food or what not just so they can have their vamp horse to ride with their vamp avatars. I’d be curious to know how many people may have gotten into amaretto because of this role play horse. And how many people only have vamp horses? Who has the oldest Gen pure True Vamp? It just would be interesting to know. And how many of the original people who designed this horse still are breeding them? There’s a reason why they stuck with it for so long. So before you go dissing on the True Vamp Horses make sure you’ve put in at least a good year designing your perfect horse and marketing them for a good solid year and then see if you can have the same success…If you do then you have the right to speak. Otherwise keep breeding what you think is beautiful have fun and bring those babies to my auctions so I can drool over them and wish I had them lol. And just sit back and hang your mouths open but be silent about other people’s horses going for sky high prices don’t pick on them just sit and be jealous silently lol. Cuz their system works and has for quite some time they have earned their “rite of passage”
    • 138 posts
    November 2, 2011 6:54 AM PDT
    The original vamps from back in days of 1.3 I would think, probably not still on the grid, but it would be nice to see the oldest one alive and who owns it :)
    I also thought it was way cool when someone announced they got a 'vamp' Bday horse!

btw, anyone see a vamp with Skull/Ankh Branding??
    • 22 posts
    November 2, 2011 2:57 PM PDT
    Tal Tuqiri said:
    The original vamps from back in days of 1.3 I would think, probably not still on the grid, but it would be nice to see the oldest one alive and who owns it :) I also thought it was way cool when someone announced they got a 'vamp' Bday horse! btw, anyone see a vamp with Skull/Ankh Branding??

I'm in the process of adding both the skull & the ankh branding into my vampire walkers now. Hopefully they take the brand soon, will keep you posted. I decided to try both to give my buyers the choice on which they desire the most. ; )
    • 1 posts
    June 1, 2012 11:36 AM PDT
    Tal Tuqiri said:
    The original vamps from back in days of 1.3 I would think, probably not still on the grid, but it would be nice to see the oldest one alive and who owns it :) I also thought it was way cool when someone announced they got a 'vamp' Bday horse! btw, anyone see a vamp with Skull/Ankh Branding??

I actually saw a few of them on the Amaretto Wonderland Market sim just last night. The one centered in the pic is a Male Gothic vamp with Ankh Brand 7 days old and the seller is charging 2k for it...not sure how many traits exactly it is, and the one behind him is a Male with skull brand is 1K per the seller's choice. Hope that helps Tal.