Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Trend Setting Horses

• 17 posts
    August 24, 2011 2:19 PM PDT

Hey everyone!

There has been a movement in SL for breathing new life back into our beloved horses!  Most of us are aware of the Vampire Horse - Black Walker, Double Long, Garnet Eyes Double Gloom.  Well why not others, right?  In the days when 10 trait horses are a dime a dozen I think us horsie folks need a CHALLENGE!  So, why not do something new and exciting! 

I would like to thank my dearest and bestest friend Dj Barracuda for brainstorming and coming up with these two specific Horse Trends....the Entity Horse and the Bloodlust Horse.  In a time when the market is in dire straits, and people are looking for something new, and the grid is full of 8-9 and 10T horses...it's time to go back to the drawing board and start putting traits on horses that ENHANCE that particular coat!  Not all ideas are going to take off as what you or I may think is beautiful other might not.  I'm sure not everyone loves the Vamp horse.  And this will be a challenge since so many horses are already so heavily traited that breeding for specific traits is going to be difficult!  And therefore worth every penny of a 10k+ price tag!  So come guys...let's hear your ideas!  See your pictures!  Let's stop waiting for Amaretto to do something about our horse market and instead grab the reins and do it ourselves!!!

Cheers!

~Ary

• 17 posts
    August 24, 2011 2:24 PM PDT

The Entity Horse

Coat: White Walker

Eye: Diamond

Mane: Long

Tail: Long

High Coat Gleam

High Hair Gleam

Horse pictured is owned by Aryanna Draken

• 53 posts
    August 24, 2011 2:52 PM PDT
    wow, that's a great horse!
  • August 24, 2011 4:17 PM PDT

That is a pretty horse, and sounds similar to the type of horse being discussed in another thread. Since I don't breed True Vamp horses, I love the idea of the more angelic looking ones :) Beautiful picture of the Entity Horse :)

This post was edited by Deleted Member at August 24, 2011 4:17 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    September 7, 2011 9:40 PM PDT
    that is such a beautiful horse i want to start working on getting one : )
    • 138 posts
    September 12, 2011 7:11 AM PDT

I'd like to submit what I call a Lilac Dream.

Version 2.21

Eye: Sapphire

Coat Gleam High

Hair Gleam High

Coat Chill

Hair Chill

• 19 posts
    September 12, 2011 9:49 AM PDT

How about a Blood horse? (has this one been suggested before?)

Red Walker

Garnet eyes

Long/Long

Low coat Luster

Low hair Luster

Coat Warmth

Hair Warmth

This one has coat gleam & luster but I think it would look better with double warmth instead of gleam.

Warmth and Luster together also look awesomely blood-like on a golden coat too (arabian, clyde).

This post was edited by Lewis Luminos at September 12, 2011 9:54 AM PDT
  • September 12, 2011 2:06 PM PDT

dissatisfied with my double chill gold classic clyde for a "orc horse" i am attempting a double chill gold mustang for the purpose. if i like it i may try a coat chill and hair warmth for a "flea bussy" horse (yanno, founder of grendel's children)

Also attempting to make an upright mane, long tail white classic clyde with low coat gleam and hair warmth + low luster as a matching mount for my redhaded vampire roleplaying alt.

I've had a sudden influx of drow horses. i posted the picture of Lloth, but since then i've also birthed these two:

[14:05:30] Shadowflame: Shadowflame

Version 2.4

Age 7

Gender male

Hunger 1%

Thirst 1%

Energy 63%

Happiness 100%

Fervor 7%

Eye: Fire Element

Coat Gleam Low

Hair Gleam Low

Coat Gloom

[14:05:54] Amaretto Breedable Horse: Amaretto Breedable Horse

Version 2.4

Age 0

Gender male

Hunger 0%

Thirst 0%

Energy 98%

Happiness 62%

Fervor 0%

Eye: Cancer Ruby

Coat Gleam Low

Hair Gleam Low

Coat Gloom

It's odd since generally i try to keep my gleam and gloom projects seperately (since i don't think 10T is always "perfect".

Still working on my leo rubies and leo peridots. I have a gold palo in the mix since she's double gleam, but if her coat passes instead of my studs maybe i'll let you make me an offer on it, lewis :P

This post was edited by Deleted Member at September 12, 2011 2:11 PM PDT
    • 22 posts
    September 13, 2011 5:53 AM PDT

New Era (The New Demon)

Coat: Black Walker

Eye: Fire Element

Coat Gloom

Hair Warmth

This post was edited by Tracy Podlum at September 13, 2011 5:54 AM PDT
  • September 13, 2011 9:39 PM PDT

Hi Everyone  awesome to see new brreds and i have ben blessed so far with mine.. The Royalty Horse... want to thank Everyone for their support and love for this Beautiful Horse!

Also want to send a shout out to the many other elite breeders who have come forward with theirs and joined Royalty Breeders United...Cilia Carver,Travesty Ryder,Rusalka Callisto all whom will be making  great steps forward for the growth of the Royalty Horse!

This post was edited by Rocky Belavidorico at September 13, 2011 10:10 PM PDT
  • September 13, 2011 10:04 PM PDT

I am also a big fan of the Royalty Horse as defined by breeder Rocky Belavidorico: White Arab, Long, Long, Quad Highs. I just started my own line of them and had my first Pure baby boy today!

My New Royalty Baby

I also have my own speciality breeding line called the TAO Yin Yang, created to pay tribute to the Chinese philosophy of Taoism. The Albino Yin Yang eyes are one of the most unique and beautiful of the Amaretto eye sets. The Yin Yang symbol is one of the most recognized symbols of Taoism and represents the duality of dark and light, female and male, low and high. I paired the Yin Yang eyes with every black & white Amaretto before finally choosing the beautiful swirling pattern and unique split black & white mane of the Black Painted Clydesdale for the coat. To highlight the coat and eyes without distorting the natural texture or colors, I selected to add the following traits:  Long, Long, Hair Gleam Low, Coat Gleam Low.

TAO YIN YANG BLACK PAINTED CLYDESDALE

TAO Yin Yang

Coat: Black Painted Clydesdale

Eyes: Yin Yang

Coat Gleam: Low

Hair Gleam: Low

This post was edited by Rusalka Callisto at September 13, 2011 10:06 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    September 14, 2011 3:39 PM PDT
    Awesome horses everyone! Keep them coming!
    • 4 posts
    September 14, 2011 6:14 PM PDT

I have been breeding horses for about a year now and have never had more the 30-35 horses and from the start i've always loved the element eyes. I'd like to see each Element eye have a trendy horse.

For Earth Element one of my personal favorites is the Red Walker / Earth Element / Long-Long / High-High Gleam, there's a picture in my album of a 3rd gen. It also looks great on white horses.

Water Element, any white horse/long-long or upright long-upright long/high-high gleam/low-low luster and if you really wanted to chill-chill

Fire Element, any black horse/ upright long-upright long or long-long/high-high or low-low gleam/gloom-gloom or warmth-warmth or combo of gloom-warmth

Wind Element any white horse/upright long-upright long or long-long/high-high

These are combinations I have been breeding for months to try and get =)

• 302 posts
    September 18, 2011 6:46 PM PDT
    Wow guys what beautiful horses you all have posted here I personally love the idea of trend setting horses. This is something that the horse community came up with amaretto did not set these standards. Its really awesome that you guys are taking control of the market and these trendsetting horses! What a great idea!!
    • 17 posts
    September 21, 2011 9:58 PM PDT

The Serial Chiller

Coat: Black Andalusian
    Eye: Aries Aquamarine
    Hair Luster Low
    Coat Chill
    Hair Chill

Horse is owned by Aryanna Draken

• September 25, 2011 1:01 PM PDT
    WOW keep them ideas flowing !!
    • 122 posts
    September 25, 2011 10:27 PM PDT
    i like the little leg sticking out of the bottom of the cosmo horses second picture lol. good thing you weren't a bit more to the right hehe.
    • 8 posts
    September 25, 2011 10:47 PM PDT
    Fire and Ice horse
    Black Walker or Black Andalusian
    Fire and Ice Eyes
    Long mane
    Long tail
    Coat chill
    Hair warmth
    • 5 posts
    September 26, 2011 7:51 AM PDT
    I'm creating a beautiful Fairytale Fantasy Horse:

White WALKER
    RAINBOW Eyes
    Long Mane
    Long Tail
    Coat Gleam and/or Luster
    Hair Chill or Warmth

Other variations in hair and coat, though no gloom and white walker only.

Because every good King, Queen, Prince or Princess needs a perfect horse at their castle!

Wow some great ideas here; have fun breeding :)

• October 5, 2011 9:43 PM PDT
    anahata love said:
    i like the little leg sticking out of the bottom of the cosmo horses second picture lol. good thing you weren't a bit more to the right hehe.

That would have been hilarious :)

• 138 posts
    October 8, 2011 12:26 AM PDT
    Im all for creating new trendsetters, but it would be wise to first produce a look and then name it, than to get dibs on something before it's made and displayed publicly. For the person who is first known to make public they have a certain horse called whatever should get to label it.
    • 138 posts
    October 8, 2011 12:28 AM PDT
    WHo has that one I heard called an Ocean Horse? any pic went around?
    • 149 posts
    October 9, 2011 10:47 AM PDT

Coat: Tan Walker
    Eye: Earth Element
    Mane: Upright
    Coat Gleam High
    Coat Luster Low
    Hair Gleam High
    Hair Luster Low
    Hair Gloom
    Coat Warmth

Just gona call this my perfect "Demon" yahh smiles with a little tear .... mom just retierd that was her last bundle......

This post was edited by tina garnburg at October 9, 2011 10:53 AM PDT
    • 17 posts
    October 15, 2011 1:07 PM PDT
    If they are implemented then they will NOT be the original trendsetting horse, they will be a variation, much like the ultra vampire horses etc.
    • 53 posts
    November 20, 2011 1:49 PM PST
    Gorgeous Horses! I really like the one you posted Carita! I love the white horses with gleam! :)