Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Elemental Horses

• 30 posts
    June 11, 2011 12:28 AM PDT

I understand that if I pair two element eyed horses (of ANY kind of element eye), I have a random chance of getting any of the 5 new Elemental Horses in this album http://amarettobreedables.com/albums/view/626. The way the odds are explained, it almost sounds like Elemental Horses are the new Charmed.

My question is: are Elemental Horses a new coat, or are they limited edition horses? Will they look as they do in the album but without the pretty particles, or will they look completely different because the five prize horses are supposed to be one of a kind?

Lastly, will we be able to breed mane, tail, coat and hair traits into them as we saw with the past LEs (i.e. Harvest, Valentine, etc)?

Thanks!

This post was edited by Charlie Callow at June 11, 2011 4:59 AM PDT
    • 136 posts
    June 11, 2011 4:41 AM PDT
    I was told they will be like albino's...except you don't need siblings.
    But albino's also come with long mane/long tail and such...so i think the element horses will be the same.
    As for the pretty particles...i doubt those come with the horse...It wouldn't make sim owners happy.
  • June 11, 2011 7:16 AM PDT
    Charlie Callow said:

I understand that if I pair two element eyed horses (of ANY kind of element eye), I have a random chance of getting any of the 5 new Elemental Horses in this album http://amarettobreedables.com/albums/view/626. The way the odds are explained, it almost sounds like Elemental Horses are the new Charmed.

My question is: are Elemental Horses a new coat, or are they limited edition horses? Will they look as they do in the album but without the pretty particles, or will they look completely different because the five prize horses are supposed to be one of a kind?

Lastly, will we be able to breed mane, tail, coat and hair traits into them as we saw with the past LEs (i.e. Harvest, Valentine, etc)?

Thanks!

The way they are putting it to me it seems that the 5 new horses will be a coat for a while then maybe later they will become le or they will become a retired coat. but it does seem to me that they could be a limited edition. now with that said. you will not get a particle element horse. you will get the horse without the partices from birth. as far as the traits it should be like any other. 

This post was edited by luckystrike maven at June 11, 2011 7:17 AM PDT
    • 32 posts
    June 11, 2011 6:50 PM PDT

Elemental Horses are not Limited Editions.  The best comparision for the Elementals are the Albinos.  The difference is you need to breed 2 Element Eyed horses instead of 2 Full Siblings.  

• 12 posts
    June 13, 2011 11:18 AM PDT
    Thank you Dakota!!!
    • 138 posts
    June 13, 2011 11:20 AM PDT
    I don't see anything official on these. Did I miss it somewhere?
    From their stats "Coat: Earth Elemental Gala Edition" it looks like it is a new coat, but what we've seen are Gala editions of these; the 5 there had particles. Still way cool even without particles.
    What are the odds of producing? 1:2000? or is it even less?
    • 25 posts
    June 19, 2011 1:46 PM PDT
    Talisha T said:
    I don't see anything official on these. Did I miss it somewhere? From their stats "Coat: Earth Elemental Gala Edition" it looks like it is a new coat, but what we've seen are Gala editions of these; the 5 there had particles. Still way cool even without particles. What are the odds of producing? 1:2000? or is it even less?

I think the "Gala Edition" have the particles, and just the Elemental coats do not have the particles. So, I guess the Gala editions are LE's, only 5 in existence.

• 25 posts
    June 19, 2011 1:47 PM PDT
    @Dakota, I have a question - Do the Element Eye horses need to have the "new genes" (by new genes, I mean the new traits that came out a few months back after v2.2.1)?
    • 81 posts
    June 19, 2011 7:31 PM PDT
    Lenny, you only need to have a breedable pair of element eyed horses. Doesn't matter what other traits they have.
    • 7 posts
    June 20, 2011 6:56 AM PDT
    Dakota Delicioso said:

Elemental Horses are not Limited Editions.  The best comparision for the Elementals are the Albinos.  The difference is you need to breed 2 Element Eyed horses instead of 2 Full Siblings.  

But compared to Albinos there is one other big difference.  From the few Elemental Horses that I have seen(I could be wrong here)...they do not have special eyes to pass on.  And since they cannot pass their coats, I would only keep an Elemental as a collector as I do not see a great breeding value.

This post was edited by Belle Loll at June 20, 2011 6:57 AM PDT
    • 1 posts
    June 20, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
    WHAT HAPPENS WITH CLYDE AND SHETLANDS? ALL PEOPLE LOW THE PRICES FOR THEM, ARENT THEY IN VOGUE ANYMORE?
    • 25 posts
    June 20, 2011 6:44 PM PDT
    annebelle farm said:
    WHAT HAPPENS WITH CLYDE AND SHETLANDS? ALL PEOPLE LOW THE PRICES FOR THEM, ARENT THEY IN VOGUE ANYMORE?

The shetlands seem very potent. No matter what I mate with them I always get a shetland. That rarely happens with any other coat, well except the mustangs LOL. So, I think the grid is already saturated.

• June 22, 2011 5:08 PM PDT

I saw an elemental Water horse today at Quality Stables in Arrakis. It aw beautiful just like the LE without the particles (a waste of script for sure).  It came from two different element (Fire & Water) parents.  The parents were loaded with traits and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?  Anyone have a clue?

• 0 posts
    June 22, 2011 10:57 PM PDT
    I paired up all of my elemental eye horses and out of 9 bundles this past week, I was fortunate to get a Wind Elemental coat to drop. Here is the info on my horse:
    Coat: Elemental Wind
    Eye: Wind Element
    Mane: Long
    Tail: Normal
    Hair Gleam High

Parent Info:

Father:
    6t Male HUBBAHUBBA
    Coat: Silver Walker
    Eye: Heart Element
    Tail: Normal
    High Coat Gleam
    Low Hair Gleam
    High Hair Luster
    Coat Gloom

Mother:
    4T
    Coat: Golden Palomino
    Eye: Fire Element
    Tail: Long
    Low Coat Luster

Some of the info in this thread is wrong. The Elementals are more like the Charmed ponies. They don't pass their coats but they do pass their eyes and traits (including those hidden in the back from their parents), in addition to giving you a higher chance of getting another Elemental coat (when bred to another horse with elemental eyes). **The key is to simply breed all your elemental eyed horses! That is how you can get a chance for one of the special coats. Which coat you receive is totally random, however it seems that Fire and Water are more common than Earth, heart or wind thusfar.**

The Elementals that have particles are one of a kinds- one of each style (Fire, water, wind, earth, heart) were awarded to people at the Amaretto party. All bred bundles will NOT have the particles.
    • 0 posts
    June 23, 2011 2:16 AM PDT
    >Lightning: Some of the info in this thread is wrong. The Elementals are more like the Charmed ponies. They don't pass their coats but they do pass their eyes and traits (including those hidden in the back from their parents), in addition to giving you a higher chance of getting another Elemental coat (when bred to another horse with elemental eyes).<

Of course they can pass all traits they have except the coat. But i think the fact that they can pass their eyes doesnt interest cause you already have them. It would be more interesting if they have a different version of the elemental eyes. So the elemental horses are just for collecting and dont have any breeding sense for me. But of course i would be happy to have one lol
    • 9 posts
    June 23, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
    WOW nice Lightening,, I paired all mine and did not get one lmao. Still trying though.
    • 8 posts
    June 30, 2011 12:22 PM PDT
    I'm still trying too Teresa. So far I've birthed almost 20 new bundles, not one elemental coat. Am I discouraged? A little because its an awesome idea and a great opportunity to turn this market around. Having the option to breed elemental horses with various traits could bring a little balance back to the market. I'm optimistic about the starters while being annoyed that consumables cost more than most horses on the market today. I'm a long timer, just observing and sharing my thoughts.
    • 22 posts
    June 30, 2011 12:50 PM PDT
    You are not alone, Skye. I also have tried too, but it is difficult to obtain an elemental horse. But, not discourage, and move on with hopes of one day having that desire. :))
    • 138 posts
    July 1, 2011 4:32 AM PDT
    It's a positive thing for the market. Keep working with the coats you like, but just add the element eyes into the lines and hope to get lucky :)
    I think there are 8 or 9 on the grid now, not counting the Gala editions. I haven't seen the Wind or Fire yet, but just 3 Heart, 3 Water and 2 Earth
    • 22 posts
    July 1, 2011 4:48 AM PDT
    You got lucky, Tal. I have not seen yet. The Gala Editions or those born after this event.

I agree with you, the Elemental Horses should only be added your breeding. I just have some element eyes separate, but I work more in the lineage and increase traits of my horses.
    • 4 posts
    July 1, 2011 7:33 AM PDT

I was lucky enough to have one last night - and it had 8 traits - only missing Coat Gleam and Mane.  I think they are closer to the Charmed than the Albino - as Albinos pass their eyes but the new Elemental do not but do you give an increased chance of having another Elemental when you breeding them together.  Mine came from two V2.21 horses I pulled from inventory when the announcement was made and I'm looking forward to mating her with the first of my new starters to pick up elemental eyes.  Feel Free to message me in world Charlie if you'd like to come see her.  I've posted her pic - she looks a bit different with the deeper tones from the gloom than the others I've seen.

This post was edited by Chao Wolfzahn at July 1, 2011 7:34 AM PDT
    • 22 posts
    July 1, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
    Congrats, Chao! ;o)
    • 1 posts
    July 1, 2011 6:34 PM PDT
    Congrats Chao! She's a beauty :)
    • 12 posts
    July 1, 2011 8:14 PM PDT
    Wow. NICE NICE!!! ^.^
    • 81 posts
    July 3, 2011 11:13 AM PDT
    I would LOVE to see Amaretto change the eyes on these horses and give them the ability to pass. They should be special eyes because it's a special horse. That's a perdy horse you got there Chao, I can just imagine how that would look with a double long. I love that gloom!