Forums » 2020 Submit Your Designs Here

2020 Submit Your Designs Here

• 320 posts
    December 8, 2020 2:39 PM PST

Rules for Design Submissions:

*Must be original art work (not a picture taken from google or the Internet)

*You may only submit ONE design!

*Must be original art work (not a picture taken from google or the Internet)
    *You may only submit ONE design!
    *Must not break SL TOS, you can read over Secondlifes TOS here:
    https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions
    *Must not be Trademarked or Copyrighted designs you can read up about Intellectual Property here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Intellectual_Property
    *Must be within good taste and not offensive
    *Amaretto reserves the right to accept or reject any
    *You are only allowed to submit one design per avatar, only designs from active breeders will be accepted, NO ALTS!
    *You may choose any current horse model for your design (Regular horse, Clydesdale, Shetland, Fell Pony, Belgian Draft, Exmoor Pony, Percheron, Norwegian, Marwari, and Miniature)

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON SUBMISSIONS PLEASE CONTACT AVALON CRYSTAL! I have included a template for you guys to play with! 

We will take all approved designs off the submission post and begin voting on designs in December 2020!

Good luck everyone! The winning designer will be awarded by Amaretto. I can not wait to see what you guys will come up with! Happy breeding everyone!

This post was edited by avalon at December 8, 2020 2:41 PM PST
    • 7 posts
    December 9, 2020 1:42 PM PST

• 1 posts
    December 10, 2020 5:38 PM PST

Other than me, who remembers those cute two-toned velvet stuffed animals growing up?

This design was inspried by the collection of the animals that I had as a child. Other than Ponie Pals, Minis would make a great idea for bringing back childhood memories.

Reposted under my new account. Thank you Ava for the suggestion.

• December 13, 2020 6:54 AM PST

phoenix rainbow   blue fire bird eye

• 3 posts
    December 13, 2020 6:40 PM PST

• 6 posts
    December 13, 2020 6:40 PM PST

• 1 posts
    December 16, 2020 8:47 AM PST

Still a work in progress  the wing coloring  i tried doing in paint which took  hours omg   is not  the right color I  was  thking of the  red from the flowers (or a vibrant purple) but was too busy getting   use to using paint lol   but  a new wing  shaped  like  a hummingbird was the idea  ..  crown  humming bird either side of  red creeping trumpet vine flowers the hummingbird is a Woodnymph you can see pics here https://ebird.org/species/crowoo1  Anyway before  I make a bigger fool of myself  and my  lack of  computer skills or even art skills  let's see what you all think of the idea ? will be working on an eye not sure if I can add that pic when done   ..

symbolism: 

Like the tiny bird seeking the flowers’ nectar, we should be looking at what’s good in life.The hummingbird is capable of flying long distances to reach the destination. 

This is why the hummingbird symbol is associated with endurance and perseverance. A hummingbird’s fly reminds us to be adaptable and accept changes.

The symbolism of the hummingbird is also linked to the idea of eternity and infinity. Bird’s wings move in the pattern of figure eight, the ancient symbol of continuity. 

So what does it mean when you see a hummingbird? The hummingbird symbolic meaning is a positive one. Hummingbirds mean we must expect love, joy, and good luck. 

Chantilly Levee aka  chantilly lace

gonna see if this works   lol  yes  I do not have any tools to do the paint programs with, just my mouse and  omg  it is just nasty but its all the  idea right?    .  based on how badfly I am doing with paint after I draw on paper  I might try for a branding but  it would be similar to the eye  with an infinity sign   for  the symbol of continuity and   a few humming birds taking advantage of the bountiful  nectar in those  trumpetvines

so below is the wing color revised and the  eye  which  a very similar design would be the brand   I am so done  trying to play  around  with programs I dont know  lol  I hope you  like the concept at least   the inspiration photos in the top corner  is what got me  going  and  although  frustrating at times it was a blast to do 

This post was edited by shy_gem at December 16, 2020 5:05 PM PST
    • 1 posts
    December 27, 2020 12:36 PM PST

As you can clearly see, this is 100% hand drawn, except the base horse and wing shapes. Drawing is not my strength, I leave that to other talented people.

I have chosen to use a Clydesdale (Jet Black) for it's quiet strength.

I am no artist, but I wanted to pay tribute to or essential services who risked their lives on a daily basis across the world in 2020 and continue to do so,so I wanted to design a "Kickin' 2020" horse, as we look with hope to a brighter 2021.

The text up top would be on the saddle blanket in some way and the words spread across the body as shown in some form.

The mane, tail and feathers would be in flame to honor the shared determination and courage of our service men and women, be they civilian or military and the bridle would be woven barbed wire to recognise their strength and perserverance.

The 2020 branding would be in shattering flames, as we break free of 2020 and the eye an interpretation of a phoenix rising from the ashes.

The wings (shown seperately here) white, but shimmering, like an angel's wing stretching out to give hope and protection.

This post was edited by WynterNytes at December 27, 2020 12:40 PM PST
    • 6 posts
    December 27, 2020 7:36 PM PST

not my best work, but sort of gives the  idea that I wanted to get across, of an opal colored horse, perhaps different opals, such  as black opal, fire opal, milky opal, etc. I think the mega style wings, mane & tail of the cassettes horses would look good on this, rather than the normal long/long. I was intrigued by the idea of a crystal entity horse, but i couldn't get the colors/graphics right.  :/ 

• 1 posts
    December 28, 2020 4:25 PM PST

• 3 posts
    December 28, 2020 9:26 PM PST

Here is my idea for a Nightmare Steed design

Black Bones wrapped in smoke and flames  with steel armor over a leather "jacket"

Fire Opal eyes, Upright Long mane with a fiery hair , and fire symbols on the armor and saddle and a "looney legs Flames"

( optional ) a Dragon Wing in smoke and flames to match each coat with  black wing bones

This post was edited by LoganWeder at January 13, 2021 5:08 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    December 29, 2020 9:10 PM PST

Resubmitting  an idea i had last year 

• 4 posts
    December 29, 2020 9:39 PM PST

• 3 posts
    December 31, 2020 4:49 PM PST

• 1 posts
    January 2, 2021 11:16 AM PST

Lighting Storm 

Clydesdale lighting mane, lighting tail, hoofs lighting on, lighting wings and tail even the a lighting eye,lighting path on its chest also.....this was by Ember Oakley

• 1 posts
    January 2, 2021 2:12 PM PST

A light mandala design, matching colored hoofes and a mandala themed eye. Maybe set the mandalas center on the back and let it wrap down the body including the legs, and apply a matching colored mane, with dots run down the strands.  ~Idyjuana Resident~

This post was edited by Idyjuana at January 3, 2021 1:05 PM PST
    • 1 posts
    January 2, 2021 2:26 PM PST

• January 2, 2021 4:31 PM PST

• 1 posts
    January 3, 2021 4:22 AM PST

White-Draeck

Red-Gold-Draeck

Light-Green-Draeck

Ginger-Draeck

• 5 posts
    January 3, 2021 6:20 AM PST