Forums » Horse Related Chat Only

Stud Services

• 17 posts
    October 17, 2011 3:33 PM PDT

I remember when I first began breeding horses in February that stud services were fairly common. Most places were generally owned and stocked by 1 or 2 people, but some would allow others to rent boards and offer their horses out for studding in exchange for part of the stud fee extracted by the rental board. Nowadays I rarely if ever see stud boards, especially places with boards for rent. Are there any out there, and if so, where?

• October 17, 2011 4:14 PM PDT
    I've only used studding twice, myself, but I have some observations.

Alot of times the fees people want to charge for a studding are almost the cost of just buying the horse you're trying to get. Or, by the time you have studs with the purity of coat and trait that people will pay that price for a stud for, the prices of less pure horses are reasonable enough that most people will choose instead to purify themselves.

As for charmed studdings, i suppose it's hit home precisely how rare it is to really get a charmed. And now with the emergence of the haven horses, it's more likely that people have a small cluster of haven & LEs with their charmed trying to breed more. Full fervors can't be spared for studding when you have your own project going on. Especially since even with the better chances of charmed and haven horses, you're still talking a 1 in a million chance.

Look at these horses:
    [16:12:13] Hrothbert of Bainbridge: Hrothbert of Bainbridge
    Version 3.1
    Age 112
    Gender male
    Hunger 1%
    Thirst 1%
    Energy 90%
    Happiness 97%
    Fervor 81%
    Coat: Memorable Haven Horse
    Eye: Amber
    Mane: Normal
    Tail: Normal
    Coat Gleam High
    Hair Gleam High
    [16:12:15] HippoGriffe: HippoGriffe
    Version 3.1
    Age 102
    Gender female
    Hunger 1%
    Thirst 1%
    Energy 88%
    Happiness 98%
    Fervor 0%
    Coat: Haven Horse - Eagle Spirit
    Eye: Red Eagle
    Mane: Upright
    Tail: Upright

I got Bob from a haven vendor a few days before the eagle horse came out, and i bought hippogriffe a few days later, not even old enough to breed. these two have been breeding since they were old enough, and I JUST NOW got a charmed out of them, like literally, ten minutes ago.

TL;DR nobody wants to pay the stud fees that would make losing the "magic load" worth it.
  • October 18, 2011 7:14 AM PDT
    There are stud services out there. I myself provide stud services as does the person I rent stables from. Feel free look me up.