Forums » K9 Related Chat Only

Breeding Enchanted

• 14 posts
    October 24, 2011 8:28 AM PDT

Let's say you are lucky enough to birth an enchanted dog.  Does the enchanted have a greater chance of replicating itself than any other dog, or is this purely random.  Obviously the answer to this question would totally impact the resale price of an enchanted?

Another part of this question.  If you buy an enchanted offspring, does that offspring have any better chance of  birthing an echanted pup?  Are enchanted traits "generation skipping" or merely random?  Same implications. 

• October 24, 2011 12:20 PM PDT
    Your questions should be asked in the question section, I'm sure doing that a lot more people would answer your questions.

1.Yes, enchanted dogs do have a higher chance of producing another enchanted dog. It still is random, but your chances are higher.

2. No, enchanted offspring DO NOT give you ANY higher chances at getting another enchanted dog. They should be seen and treated like any "normal" dog.

Enchanted+Enchanted= higher chance
    Enchanted+Normal= higher chance
    Offspring+Offspring= regular chance
    Offspring+Normal= regular chance
    Normal+Normal= regular chance

Happy breeding
  • October 30, 2011 5:18 AM PDT

I was told this very same thing about horses - that offspring give nada. I bred them anyway and got a pegasus from offspring. Wonders, has there ever been any "official" word that offspring don't produce? If so, I'd love to see it and lay my curiosity there to rest, as I am breeding enchanted offspring pups (one nicely traited black & blue yorkie coat came from this experiment).

• October 30, 2011 3:42 PM PDT
    Regarding the horses, yes there has been "official" word over and over regarding the charmed/ charmed OS. Pretty much supporting what I typed. The information can be found on in the CONNECTION tab in older posts.
  • October 30, 2011 5:14 PM PDT
    http://amarettobreedables.com/connection/?p=80
  • November 3, 2011 1:35 AM PDT

Thanks for the 'proof' link to the Connection article. I needed to see that and realize i must have just gotten really lucky that day (smiles).