Duties and what the word refers to when talking about sibling sets.

When I first started seeing sibling sets marketed as being "quad duty",  I had NO idea what it meant. I just simply had not had someone explain it to me OR taken the time to research it.

And, there will likely be folks that disagree with the way I explain it, but I ain't here to make folks happy.

So, before I get too far in this, please consider when "duties" is used below, it is also meaning the capabilities\possibilities of yielding special coats from sibling sets.

I would deem special coats, albinos, unique albinos, coats that come from eyes and vaporwaves.

My understanding when referring to "duties" is the number of duties is the number of special coats that a sibling set has the capability to yield.

A set of black walkers with a mixture of eyes has 1 duty, albino.

A set of black walkers with the male and at least 1 sister having "eyes that produce coats", (galaxy, dazzle, confection and so forth) would be double duty. The albino and whatever coat can come from the respective eye.

Triple duty would come with a gemcrown on the walker male, the male with the "magic eye" and at least one sister with a magic eye and a gemcrown. The 3 duties would be albino, magic eye coat and vaporwave.

Taking this a step further and putting shetland siblings, with magic eyes, gemcrowns and we have 4 duties. Albino, albino shetland, magic eye coat and vaporwave.

Going even further...taking a percheron male with a confection eye and gemcrown, and he has a sister that is a fell pony, with the confection eye and a gemcrown, there will be 5 duties. Albino, albino percheron, albino fell pony, confection and vaporwave.

And, even further...a male mini with a galaxy eye, gemcrown, a sister percheron with a galaxy eye & gemcrown, a sister that is a mystique with the magic eye and gemcrown, we have 6 duties. Albino, albino mini, albino perch, albino mystique, galaxy coat and vaporwave.

Monthly qualifiers can certainly be counted in this mess, but it lasts for a month.

The most duties I have been able to get is 7.  This method of breeding works well, IF you want to breed for the coats that come from respective eyes, vaporwaves and unique albinos.

Easy way I have come to think of it is 7 and 7...7 special coats from eyes, 7 unique albinos.

That may change in 5 minutes or tomorrow.

Edited by Bull Hynes
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, kajira idesma said:

I'm new to breeders, but thanks again Bull for all the explanations and for your patience, I think I've now understood the purpose and it's fun when you understand what you're doing

You are sure welcome!